Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Shiny new things

What say you against my brick ruffian?
 In the spirit of trying something new, and having something cool, I caved and bought an airbrush with compressor this past weekend. I've started using it on my Fancy Bandits for Nuclear Renaissance. The colors cover very well and evenly as seen below. Another advantage is I can mix my colors directly in the airbrushes pot. For the time being I am just trying to get used to the airbrush, how it paints, how to control the air/paint flow, cleaning/maintenance. Here's just a few minutes worth of paint on a handful of minis. Note they were also primed with the airbrush.

The small group I'm working on, and my shiny new airbrush.

Closeup on the few gents' that I have gotten the most paint on.
I've got a mind to use this firearm against you in a blind fury!
There's the beginning of the Fancy Bandits, I'll be spending this week becoming accustomed to the airbrush and its air-powered mysteries, and trying to get some more bandits covered in paint.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen so many ruffians bedecked in paint since the looting of the Sherwin Williams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you think about the modifications to the blog page? I had to change the post font so that the picture comments were legible. I'm looking for a new background as well.

      Delete
  2. http://marsekayspainting.blogspot.com/2012/02/airbrush-essentials.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MarsekaysPaintingBlog+%28Marsekay
    Check it out some airbrush stuff.

    ReplyDelete