Thursday, February 9, 2012

Airbrushing

  So after fiddling around with this thing and becoming acquainted with its inner workings and how to clean it, I've started looking around the vastness of the internets and finding all sorts of helpful tips and tricks. As well as some beginner lessons and practice ideas. Though most or alot of these will apply more to artists using large areas to paint, they still hold some ground for what ill be doing with it, and who knows, maybe something will tickle my fancy and I'll paint something up (potential give-away prize). On that note, it may be a few weeks before I really get into the swing of things with this airbrush. I spent about 1.5-2 hours last night practicing with it, and also realising that GW paints are a little to thick for this kind of use. I could potentially water them down, but that has other unwelcome side effects. So I will be looking around vigorously for some paints that will make mine, and my airbrushes life, a little easier. If you have any suggestions please feel free to leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. Tamiya makes excellent acrylic paints that are as thin as enamel and should work very well with an airbrush. They can be somewhat expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the link for Tamiya paints.
    http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/category.php?main-id=60|80

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will look into them. I didn't get much time to browse around yesterday because of my work schedule. Also, I discovered what PSI I'm supposed to be using, and I've been running alot higher, its supposed to be 10-20 PSI.

      Delete