Sunday, October 16, 2011

Progress so far


I'd like to get some criticism on what I'm doing so far. The fatigues are just Khemri Brown, the armour is based Adeptus Battlegrey, with Ultramarines Blue drybrushed over it, and the boots/pouches are a 1:3 Chaos Black and  Bestial Brown, not a bad color considering i don't have any other browns, and lastly the gun is just Adeptus Battlegrey, not sure what to add to it, but the whole model will be getting a Badab Black wash before its all over. Tell me what you think! Soon as I know exactly what I'm doing with these guys I know I can get them done relatively quickly.


7 comments:

  1. They look pretty good, whats the reasoning behind the blue drybrush?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted a blue armour, but didn't want one that looks pristine, or super blue. So it gives a worn blue, or faded, imo. What do you think of the blue drybrush?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really stands out, but I'll have to see one in person. Were you going for blue armor that was painted blue but the paint has worn off, or blue armor that is "naturally" blue and has faded due to exposure? The effect you have achieved kinda looks like he's running through a tunnel that has blue lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Id prefer a faded, almost to the battlegrey color, and yea, I see what you mean now, I think I went too heavy on the drybrush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that, think it'd be really cool with some dust on the blue armor. Coming along great !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, a little bit of weathering can go a long ways, excellent suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://johnstoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2011/10/steampunk-paperweight-impossible.html
    You need this desktop accessory.

    ReplyDelete