Wednesday, June 13, 2012

FUBAR

I've been recently introduced to the simple 1-page ruleset that is FUBAR. The core rules are based around a modern/sci-fi setting. It's a very open ruleset, which makes it great for those who enjoy wargaming for the fun, not the winning. I've been in 1 game with the ruleset, after reading over it for 5 minutes, and we had picked models, weapons, armor types, etc. within 15 minutes. It was a very enjoyable experience and we had a lot of fun. This ruleset gives me something simple and easy to use my 15mm guys with, or any random models I want to cobble together into a force. Or... it gives me something to use stuff that looks too cool for its own good like this...

I personally don't like the DUST Tactics setup, but they have some sweet lookin stuff!
I'm debating it heavily with a buddy of mine to get a few small forces of the DUST Tactics armies and play FUBAR: Weird War 2.

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking at the Dust models for a while too and will probably get some once I get a little more leeway in the hobby budget. Are you planning on 28mm WWWII gaming? I already have 28mm Italian Paratroopers, some Germans, Japanese and Chinese I just need to add some mecha to get playing.


    ColKG

    ReplyDelete